and am less lost than ever before.
the experience that was wanderlust whistler over friday and saturday of this past weekend was profound - and namely from a 'i had no idea it was like THAT' standpoint. my logistics/hospitality 'what's the experience' brain was going into overdrive wondering how the city of whistler/blackcomb was going to manage an onslaught of granola-crunching and mat-yielding hippies around the regular influx of weekend warriors that land in the village from thursdays to sundays. and, my vision of mass amounts of organic cotton and hula hoops was slightly satisfied, while my slight fear of an overpowering smell of patchouli (i just can't seem to make my senses appreciate the earthiness that is...) was negated as i began my weekend o'bendy-bliss and landed in a sea of stoked practitioners out to share the culture of yoga with everyone in the village.
biggest #mindmelting moments?
- janet stone 5 elements yoga at 8:00am in 9 degree (celsius) weather. i wore wool socks. was i cold? sure. did i appreciate the crap outta being able to practice in the mountains in the freshest of fresh air. you're dang skippy i did.
- susanne conrad bringing the legacy conversation to us lusty-wanderers. thinking into the future and looking at what you want to live to see - a very personal conversation yet in sharing what we are committed to, we begin to create its' occurrence.
- kate northrup with bringing the spiritual side of finance to the table - and confirming that it IS spiritual to be rich. sharing 20k in credit card debt with your onlookers, and what it takes to shift your relationship with dolla-dolla bills? #vulnerability
- danielle laporte. i....words...jeebus. she's just...real. and every 'just do it' and 'shut up and write' - she MEANS it. its the white hot truth - 'nuff said.
- mike nichols and the awesomeness and awkwardness that ARE arm balances. put that ego aside and find comfort in your shaky spots. that's the juicy place to work.
i learned SO much from each and every session. whether it was the incremental changes that i saw in my practice or the words and concepts that punched me in the forehead and are causing me into action, i am walking away in wonder, diving into my life full of passion and stepping forward knowing my vlaue and ready to take on each day, asana, challenge, sticky spot and opporutnity with my whole, complete self.
are YOU ready for it? (please say yes....)